Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Influenster is Influensting Again!

Influenster had a special VoxBox they selected members to receive based on their survey results. As an avid Dawn user most of my life (with some Palmolive as of the past year), I was selected to receive this VoxBox. It's contents? Palmolive Dish Soap.

But not just any of their dish soaps. Two bottles from their newly formulated Soft Touch line: Vitamin E, and Coconut Butter. I was very excited to give these a try. As a stay at home mom, my hands get beat up a lot. I use to get manicures every 2 (or so) weeks, whether I needed it or not when I was in the working world. But now, my hands are always in water washing bottles and dishes that I see no point in getting a manicure unless there's a special occasion (in which case I need to plan it around having my husband home to watch my daughter so I don't need to worry about getting her into the car with wet nails, or having a meltdown in the nail salon). 

My kitchen sink is confused. I have 3 different soaps there. Dawn Orange Scented (for dishes); Palmolive Pure + Clear (for my daughter's bottles and toys); and Bath & Body Works Antibacterial (to wash my hands). Dish soap is just too harsh to wash your hands with all day, every day. I started using the Palmolive Pure + Clear because I had been using their Baby soap but found it was more expensive, harder to find, and essentially the same thing as Pure + Clear. Plus, I bought a small bottle and a large bottle, so I can keep the small bottle at the sink and keep refilling it from the large bottle. 


I gave the Vitamin E a trial run for about a month. I absolutely love the scent and it does in fact keep hands softer than regular dish soap. I did not feel that it was as big a "grease fighter" as more traditional dish soaps. It works just fine when you scrub, but I like how when you squirt dish soap on a dirty dish or pan, you can see it starting to cut through the residue before you even start to scrub. I so while I like this soap, I don't love it. I will use it since I have it, but it wouldn't be my soap of choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment