First, I want to let you know this post has typically been on Monday's --- since we are moving into the summer months and my weekends become a bit busier, this update post will be on Tuesday's moving forward. Don't miss my posts --- follow me on Bloglovin'!
It's official, my scale hates me. Though I am technically down nearly half a pound from last week, it appears I am still trying to lose that I gained from my weekend with my family. In the words of Joey Tribbiani, "You are my Everest!!" Time to kick things up a notch... again. Like I've said, this is right around where my body plateaus so I knew it was coming. Just need to figure out the best way to bust through it! I'm still 1.5lbs from officially reaching that first goal weight --- my progress pictures will be shared once I get there!!
I'm still trying Insanity. To be honest, I don't love it. It's definitely a great workout, but the style of the workout just isn't my thing. I prefer to power through my cardio a bit more whereas Insanity has a cardio warm-up (which will make you sweat instantly), followed by 6-7 minutes of stretching before the vigorous circuit training. I'm bored with it, which I realize sounds crazy. I'm going to stick it out this week but I think I may jump ship and try another workout. I've been eyeing up Brazil Butt Lift --- I've heard it's an awesome workout for the abs and legs... just what I need! Sarah from Mama's Got It Together is a Beach Body Coach has been getting me ready to give this a try.
As Slim by the Summer winds down in the next two weeks, each of us wants to sum up what we've learned the past several months. If there's anything I can tell you that I learned that can help you find your way on the path to living a healthier and more active lifestyle...
Here are the highlights as to how I lost over 20lbs in the past four and a half months...
There are no short cuts. There is no easy way. You need to work for it. It isn't a diet but a lifestyle change. I would venture a guess in saying that at least 75% of your success in weight loss will simply come from watching what you eat. Not just eating the right foods, but eating in moderation. It wasn't until I started tracking my daily intake in My Fitness Pal that I realized just how many calories I was able to consume some days. You don't even realize it!! Exercise is important a few days a week to compliment your healthy eating, but the bulk of it is absolutely what you eat. I urge you to track your daily intake. It can be tedious at first but with today's technology, you can absolutely make it easier to manage and see results in no time! I have the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone and iPad but you can always use it via the web if that's easiest for you.
What else? I have become a Pinterest addict. Posting Healthy Recipes and Fitness Routines. I've been trying new recipes weekly and looking for new healthy snacks in the grocery store (which I share every Friday on my blog!) Also, drink half your weight daily in water. That helps keep you feel full longer and flushes the toxins out of your body. So important!
Make your workouts fun. You might not want to workout daily at first, but I would encourage at least 3-4 days a week. I workout 7 days a week most weeks. I keep mixing up your workouts so you don't get bored. I have a variety of workout DVDs I rotate through at home plus some Wii workout games. And now that the weather is warming up, I'm taking my workouts outdoors. A brisk 7-mile walk pushing a stroller is a great workout!
And finally... find a buddy. It doesn't need to be someone you physically workout with, but someone you can check in with that has the same goals as you. Joining fitness groups online like the Slim by the Summer group has helped me stay on track and made me accountable for my own success. This is another great example of how the My Fitness Pal app can help too --- you can connect with your friends that are using the app that you're friends with on Facebook or in your phone contacts. Get a friend to join with you so you can keep each other in line. It's such a tremendous help!
Good luck, and make it a great week!
~ Aly

That's exactly it ... it's a lifestyle change and shortcuts are non-existent.
ReplyDeleteRome wasn't built in a day!
I am so proud of you and all your success and I can't wait to see where this takes us all at the end of Slim by the Summer {and in the future!}
¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com
All those scams out there to drop weight fast... Doesn't work!! And it's not healthy!! And so we work for our Rome. :) I will miss our weekly posts... It's been such a wonderful journey. Thank you for your continued support! Not sure where I would be right now without your encouragement.
Delete~ Alu
Got to love the typo on my own name... Thanks, iPhone!
Delete~ Aly