Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Victory is Mine!

Can you believe it's April?!?! I can't!!

My weekly update. This past week, I started the second half of the Bikini Body Mommy 90-Day Challenge. Sunday was Day 56. The circuit training this past week was more intense (which could also have been because I increased by weights from 3lbs to 5lbs --- I thought it was time to step it up). And I felt the burn! The cardio days are no longer 45 minutes of cardio of my choice, but 20 minutes of High Impact Interval Training (HIIT). And again, I feel the burn!! I actually find that I'm missing some of my longer workouts, but I feel like I'm "feeling" the workouts more now, so perhaps that's a good thing!

Weight loss this week?? The scale didn't budge. And I really didn't misbehave this past weekend (thought I did today when I had family visit with yummy food plus I made my chocolate chip cookies --- I have been known to be the Cookie Monster). It's ok, tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track!

This week's "Slim by the Summer" theme revolves around progress to date. What victories have I had in the nearly 3 months I've been part of this group? Well, victory number one (despite the numbers this week): the scale. I've lost 14.5lbs since my first official weigh in on January 18 (according to my history on My Fitness Pal). I had set my initial goal to 21lbs from that day by my wedding anniversary on May 7, and I am almost there... 4.5lbs to my wedding weight, 6.5lbs to my first goal weight!

Aside from the numbers on the scale, a huge victory is my "skinny" clothes fitting. Not everything fits exactly the way it use to yet... I suppose after having a baby, I need to do more toning than I would have had to before. That will be something I need to work on and maintain for a long time to come... I am up for the challenge though. Fitting into old clothes feels wonderful. I hated the few times I tried on clothes when I went shopping. The person in the mirror wasn't me. But I feel like me again, and I love it. So whether or not I see the scale moving as quick as I would like or expect it to, I think this is a huge victory.

But more importantly, I wanted to make healthier choices while maintaining a regular exercise routine. I have really enjoyed blogging to help keep me on track. Knowing I have friends following me along the way helps me to feel accountable for my actions. I am always looking for new healthy recipes and new exercises to keep my journey from getting too boring, which will also help keep me on track. It's not a diet, it's a permanent lifestyle change. So thank you for helping me along the way!!

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing ... you are one smoking mama and your anniversary is going to be awesome!
    So proud of you and I am so glad in a small way that I helped you get started on your blog and your health journey too :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete