I'm hooked on this 21 Day Fix. As much as I've loved Brazil Butt Lift, TurboFire, and my Jillian Michaels' "Ripped in 30" workouts, this program is just plain awesome. What I realized as I was doing these moves that, again, seemed to be so easy at first but by the time I was done with the sets, seemed nearly impossible, is that every day is a different focus. It's not pure cardio. Which I will be honest, I have always assumed that cardio would be best every day because it gives the most calorie burn (which is how you lose weight!). But I loved the Ripped in 30 DVD from Jillian Michaels because it mixed cardio with strength. Well it seems like ALL of these workouts with the 21 Day Fix so far have plenty of strength but also gets your heart going to burn some calories in the meantime too. I've never felt so energized working out before without totally busting my behind doing cardio (like 45 minutes of TurboFire).
The moves in this Pilates workout aren't always timed. Some of the moves require you to complete a certain number --- most seem to be 10. Some of them are in fact timed like the previous workouts have been. There is no repeating any of these moves though like past workouts --- you just progress with each type of move (like doing three different moves in plank position for the allotted time) and then you move on to the next focus area. The abs and butt get a lot of attention in this workout. Whew! I'm excited to get back to some cardio in my next workout tomorrow... I'm already dreading the burpees that my guide to this program promises to include in the Cardio Fix. 'Til next time!
~Aly
![]() |
| Photo Credit |

how many calories did you burn in the pilates workout? I am waiting for my HRM to arrive in the mail:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Ariel! I've been burning around 100 calories with the Pilates (give or take, depending on the time of day I workout). Are you doing the Fix now too? If so, I hope you're loving it and getting great results! ~ Aly
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete