Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Food Frenzy Friday 6

Welcome back to Food Frenzy Friday!!

I decided to get a little creative this week for lunch one day. I had seen a pin on Pinterest for Pizza Quesadillas. Suddenly, I realized I had a great recipe to make "skinny"! Here's what I used:

1 Low Carb/High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortilla (I used La Tortilla Factory)
1/4 cup 2% Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup of your favorite sauce (I used Prego Chunky Garden - Tomato, Onion and Garlic)


Spread tortilla on a plate, top with sauce and cheese on one half of the tortilla. Close tortilla. Spray a nonstick frying pan with Pam Nonstick Cooking Spray, and cook each side for about a minute on high. Transfer to plate, cut, and enjoy! You can certainly microwave it but cooking it on the stove reduces the soggy microwave taste. So simple and quick! Of course, you can add your favorite pizza toppings. The above recipe with the products noted comes to only 293 calories.

Dip in sauce too if you'd like

I discovered my new favorite lunch spot this week as well. There is a restaurant called Zoes Kitchen that opened up a few months ago about 10 minutes from my house. I met a girlfriend for lunch and absolutely fell in love with this place. I ordered the Lean Turkey Pita with a side of fresh fruit (410 calories total). The pita can with a slaw they make fresh in-house. I don't usually eat any kind of slaw as I'm not a fan of mayo, but this is not made with mayo... super yummy! To put it in the easiest context that I think most would understand, consider it almost like a Mediterranean version of Panera. All fresh food. Salads, pitas, sandwiches, and even full entrees --- all very reasonably priced. You can even take dinner home with all the trimmings. They're a growing chain --- if you don't have one near you yet, I hope they open one soon. This will be the new place I take friends and family to when they want a light and yummy lunch. Have I said "yummy" enough yet?

~ Aly

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm ... that does look yummy!!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete