I'm excited to share with you that I split winnings of the DietBet I participated in with my Slim by the Summer gals last month! After all I went through with not being able to exercise, I really didn't think I stood a chance but it all worked out. Not familiar with DietBet? You can start your own bet with friends or join existing bets (some of them have some hefty potential winnings). The game lasts 28 days and whoever loses at least 4% of their weight in that time frame splits the money in the pot. Your entry fee can be as little as $5 --- I'm not sure if there is a max bet to play, but I've seen some as high as $50. Sounds easy, right? 4% is 4 weeks is no joke! You really need to focus, and even then, there's no guarantee. But isn't that the fun of betting? I've joined another group that starts today... you're welcome to join the Spring into Action group! You have until Tuesday, March 26 to join and weigh in... so do it quick!!
My update on my past week. I purchased another DVD to add to my rotation. Of course, it's Jillian Michaels, because I love her!! Which reminds me, congrats to Danni, the newest Biggest Loser! I was cheering her on and it was the closest I've ever seen in the seasons I've watched. Everyone looked fantastic and it was such an inspiration to see how they all transformed their lives, especially the kids this season. Anyway, my new DVD. Jillian Michaels created Killer Abs. It has 3 different levels you can work your way through, each are 30 minutes with 4 circuits in each workout. It's not as cardio intensive but you will still sweat and it's a great workout on the abs. All of the moves in Level 1 are moves I can do, but that doesn't mean they're not hard and that they don't leave me sore. I'm going to give Level 1 another week before I move up to Level 2.
I am waiting for my weight loss to slow down as it always does once you've gotten off those first "easy" pounds. This week, I'm down 1.1lbs. I am 6.5 lbs away from my first goal weight --- which means I am only 4.5 lbs from my wedding weight! It's usually around this weight that I tend to plateau so if I can still lose a pound a week, I would consider that to be wonderful progress. We will see how the next few weeks go!
This week's topic from our Slim by the Summer group: What's in your gym bag?

This isn't as exciting a topic for me, but that's only because I don't really have a gym bag. I workout at home in my down time when my 7-month-old naps or is in good enough spirits to watch me workout in front of our TV (which actually is entertaining for both of us --- she laughs at me, and in turn, I laugh at her laughing at me --- extra abs exercise!)
My motto since I had my daughter in August is that I refuse to buy new clothes until I am back down to the weight I was when I got married. I've bought a few things here and there, of course, but I haven't gone on a serious shopping spree... I've saved my gift cards from Christmas and will be spending them VERY SOON!
So in the meantime, I've been sporting my favorite Gap sweat capris and tanks with adjustable straps and a built-in shelf bra. I still need a sports bra though and have been a fan for several years of the Champion DoubleDry Sports Bras. They sell them at Target (where I believe they are called the C9 sports bra) but they have a ton more variety at their stores (I go to the outlets since I live nearby). Before I start jogging again though, I do need to look into ones with a bit more support. These do the trick for my cardio at home in the meantime.
I have set my mind to buying new sneakers. I have a pair of Reebok EasyTone sneakers that I love for walking (they're super comfy) but that's about it. I think my shopping spree will being in 2 weeks when my sister comes to visit --- I will be on the sneaker hunt then. I definitely want something bright. Any suggestions?
Stay tuned for my upcoming Food Frenzy Friday post... I've done some cooking to blog about!! :)
Congrats on your win. I love that your little one laughs at you. So cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy! :)
DeleteI own that sports bra from Target and love it. And I remember all too well waiting to lose all the baby weight before shopping again. Hope you have fun doing that in a few short weeks!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Janine! I think it's a good mentality... Why spend the money for clothes for the short term? Seems silly! :)
DeleteThat a girl mama ... I would love to see the video of little miss laughing at her mama as she watches you work out.
ReplyDeleteRey does that to me too when we Zumba on the Wii! It's a kick!!
¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com
I will have to try to capture it sometime. I just love to hear that little giggle. :)
Delete