I am excited to have ordered my new Heart Rate Monitor since last week's check in. As well as... drumroll please... Leandro Carvalho's Brazil Butt Lift (I will call this BBL moving forward). This is a workout through Beachbody (you may be more familiar with their P90X, Insanity, and Turbo Jam workouts). I decided Insanity wasn't for me. I need a workout I love and I didn't love it (which meant I was much less interested in working out). BBL is known to lift your butt (after all, look at the name), but people who have used it boast how it's great for the thighs and abs --- my two major focus areas. Leandro has worked with Victoria's Secret models too... umm, yes, please count me in! I never expect to look like that no matter how hard I try but I'll have fun trying! Both of these purchases arrived via FedEx yesterday (thank you, FedEx!) and I couldn't wait to bust into the boxes and get moving. I don't think I've ever been so excited to workout, and that's an awesome feeling!
Let me tell you after just one day, I already feel great. I feel like I REALLY worked out. I often felt a little bit like I worked out after Jillian Michaela and Zumba... Minor muscle soreness that was gone by the next day. But I feel a good sore right now (especially from the abs workout). And my HRM worked awesome!!! I love knowing exactly how many calories I'm burning now. My Fitness Pal is great but it's all estimates. No more!
In case you might be interested in trying this, I've joined a challenge with my new Beachbody Coach, Sarah. She's running a challenge on Facebook limited to only 5 people --- if you want to buy a challenge pack (you can pick from any of the Beachbody workouts) and get her support through the challenge which starts June 5 for a month, hit her up.
And a new DietBet started yesterday. 28 days to lose 4% of your weight. I've got a hefty goal to hit my target weight loss for this bet, but I'm going to give it my all... I'd need to lose nearly 1.5lbs each week... that hasn't happened for me in a long time, so let's hope that the BBL helps me win this one.
Slim by the Summer is almost over... final post is next week!! But before that... the looming question hanging over my head... what happens when we fail from time to time? What will I do when the support system from this group is no longer there for me? Being healthy and getting fit isn't just a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Which means, just like life, it will be a rollercoaster ride filled with unexpected twists and turns. What makes me vulnerable? What helps me to get up and try again after I fall?
Well, my vulnerabilities are easy to confess: Anything sweet; Watching TV instead of working out (after all, I DVR two episodes of Grey's Anatomy re-runs daily --- so relieved we're coming up on all the season finales since there aren't too many summer shows I watch --- though I am a Bachelor fan.) If I don't stick to the daily routine I've come to follow the past several months, I find that I'm less motivated to get off my rear. I avoid breaking down to have any kind of cheat day because once I start, I have trouble stopping. No self control! Prime example: I had a cookie over Mother's Day Weekend... which led to a second cookie (after all, there was a whole box of them --- and they were big ones!) I didn't beat myself up over it though. I told myself I "needed" that so I could re-focus when the new week began, and then I pushed myself a little harder.
I just do everything I can to keep my eyes on the prize. I want to be healthy and fit. I don't know that I will ultimately have a specific weight goal that I want to reach. I just want my thighs to not rub together (especially in the summer!) or see any kind of rolls in my midsection through my clothes. Those are the two things that drive me BONKERS when I look in the mirror at myself. I look at my daughter and realize this healthy lifestyle is for her. For our family. And that is what keeps me going day after day.
When I need more motivation, I love to see all the quotes I've pinned on Pinterest. I have nearly 200 quotes in my Quotes to Live By board. Need motivation? Follow me! :)
![]() |
| Photo Credit |
In case you might be interested in trying this, I've joined a challenge with my new Beachbody Coach, Sarah. She's running a challenge on Facebook limited to only 5 people --- if you want to buy a challenge pack (you can pick from any of the Beachbody workouts) and get her support through the challenge which starts June 5 for a month, hit her up.
And a new DietBet started yesterday. 28 days to lose 4% of your weight. I've got a hefty goal to hit my target weight loss for this bet, but I'm going to give it my all... I'd need to lose nearly 1.5lbs each week... that hasn't happened for me in a long time, so let's hope that the BBL helps me win this one.

Slim by the Summer is almost over... final post is next week!! But before that... the looming question hanging over my head... what happens when we fail from time to time? What will I do when the support system from this group is no longer there for me? Being healthy and getting fit isn't just a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Which means, just like life, it will be a rollercoaster ride filled with unexpected twists and turns. What makes me vulnerable? What helps me to get up and try again after I fall?
Well, my vulnerabilities are easy to confess: Anything sweet; Watching TV instead of working out (after all, I DVR two episodes of Grey's Anatomy re-runs daily --- so relieved we're coming up on all the season finales since there aren't too many summer shows I watch --- though I am a Bachelor fan.) If I don't stick to the daily routine I've come to follow the past several months, I find that I'm less motivated to get off my rear. I avoid breaking down to have any kind of cheat day because once I start, I have trouble stopping. No self control! Prime example: I had a cookie over Mother's Day Weekend... which led to a second cookie (after all, there was a whole box of them --- and they were big ones!) I didn't beat myself up over it though. I told myself I "needed" that so I could re-focus when the new week began, and then I pushed myself a little harder.
I just do everything I can to keep my eyes on the prize. I want to be healthy and fit. I don't know that I will ultimately have a specific weight goal that I want to reach. I just want my thighs to not rub together (especially in the summer!) or see any kind of rolls in my midsection through my clothes. Those are the two things that drive me BONKERS when I look in the mirror at myself. I look at my daughter and realize this healthy lifestyle is for her. For our family. And that is what keeps me going day after day.
When I need more motivation, I love to see all the quotes I've pinned on Pinterest. I have nearly 200 quotes in my Quotes to Live By board. Need motivation? Follow me! :)
I have 2 exciting new recipes to share with you in this week's Food Frenzy Friday, plus a great grocery store find for you busy ladies out there. Stay tuned!
~ Aly

I SO miss being close to you!! I wish we still lived in PA sometimes.
ReplyDeleteBoo :(
Great post Aly and I am so excited you found a workout that is going to keep you motivated! Rock on mama!
¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com
Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
DeletePlease come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)
I soooo wish you were still here too. It's so hard finding mama friends. Stroller Strides is too far away... Blah! I'm just glad we have other ways to stay connected. :)
DeletePlease let me know how BBL goes! I haven't done it nor do I know anyone who has, but people always ask me about it! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo far, I love it! It's not a big calorie burner but I feel the muscles toning... I will keep you posted. Thanks for stopping by! :)
Delete~ Aly
Thank you for sharing this post on Fitness Friday! Pinned to my new board: http://pinterest.com/spiritedlife/fitness-friday-spotlights/
ReplyDeleteCome back for the new linky! http://www.100lbcountdown.com/health-and-wellness/fitness-fridayskeep-going-strong-2/