Welcome back to the Friday Food Frenzy!! It feels good to be back in blogging world, though I seem to be on a bit of a delay this week (and still experiencing laptop issues so this post is coming from my iPad which means it may not be as thorough as I normally would be). Thank you for your continued patience!
As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm starting to experiment a little bit more with my diet. My test for celiac disease fortunately came back negative, and until us have my endoscopy next week, I won't really know if there's something else causing my issues. But I'm trying to reduce the amount of gluten in my daily diet. In the meantime, some grocery store finds this week...
Cherrybrook Kitchen Brownies. Gluten free, peanut free, egg free, dairy free... I honestly expected the to be taste free. But they were quite yummy! They had a bit of chewiness to them that I can't quite explain. The box only called for 14 minutes in the oven, which was not enough. I didn't realize this until they were cooled that they were super gooey. I popped them back in for another 5 minutes, still wasn't enough, so went for 5 more. I think when I make these again, I will try closer to 20 minutes from beginning to end and see how long they take. I also did use an 8x8 baking dish instead f 9x9 which I am sure played a factor in this extra gooey goodness. And did I mention one brownie (1/12th of the tray) is only 140 calories? Not too bad!
South Beach has a new snack bar out called "Good to Go". I was drawn to these because of the extra fiber that the box noted --- one bar has only 120 calories and 9 grams of fiber. Score! These are a new favorite snack of mine (note: they are even gluten free!!) as the extra fiber is just what the doctor ordered. The flavor I got is dark chocolate, and I was expecting them to taste artificial but they are actually quite yummy!
At least one new recipe next week, I promise! Hopefully two... Who knows, I might get inspired! :) I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
~ Aly
I'm excited to hear that the broccoli slaw was good.. I just saw that the other day and thought hmmm..... we might just have to try it.
ReplyDeleteI just can't get into slaws. I don't know what it is. Can't do it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)
¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Raising-Reagan.com
It's not for everyone! :) I am just trying to find all the alternatives I can. I want to try spaghetti squash too.
DeleteLanaya, do you like cabbage at all? I've tried this awesome citrus-y slaw that tastes great. Super easy to make and just a few calories. I guess I'll have to post it on my site.
DeleteAwesome post! Finding easy alternatives for things you already eat are always the best and easiest way to change your eating.
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up with Fitness Friday {11}: http://www.100lbcountdown.com/health-and-wellness/fitness-friday-11-simple-lifestyle-tweaks-for-getting-healthy-with-linky/