Week 1 of TurboFire is officially complete... Finally!! That took far too long. A quick update before I get too far into this post. I had my upper endoscopy this weekend and the good news is that the doctor didn't find anything wrong (he had suspected an ulcer but he said everything looked great). He suggested that the stress my body went through threw my body out of whack. It makes sense, so now I'm back to the grind 100%. I've had people tell me to try not to stress, which amuses me because I really try to stay calm under pressure... I guess this was just all well beyond my control, and even though I thought I had kept everything pretty well together, my body begged to differ.
That being said, I'm changing up my posts a bit moving forward as I get back on track. I will be posting as follows (with occasional posts in between as usual):
Monday: TurboFire update from previous week
Wednesday: Weigh in Wednesday
Friday: Friday Food Frenzy
So let's talk TurboFire! I've been looking forward to really starting this workout since I ordered it the end of June (yes, it has been that long). It's a fantastic kickboxing inspired workout that is just that: a workout!! Here's the schedule for week 1 which I just completed. Note that every day, the workout is followed by stretch 10, a 10 minute (actually, it's closer to 12 minutes) stretch and cool down.
Monday: Fire Starter
Tuesday: Fire 40
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Fire Starter
Friday: Fire 40
Saturday: Fire Starter
Sunday: Abs 10
Since I was unable to workout after anesthesia on Saturday, I completed Fire Starter on Sunday before I did Abs 10 to stay on track (plus my schedule was so thrown off on Saturday with not being able to eat until 1pm on Saturday that I ended up indulging more than I should have --- hey, I'm human!!)
Fire Starter is a great intro to many of the key moves you will be performing in the other workouts. When you do Fire 40 for the first time though, you will realize immediately that it's at a much faster pace than the Starter. It starts faster and moves faster. Fortunately, after doing it a handful of times, I feel like I know the moves now and can keep up with it. You will finish with sweat dripping off every inch of your body but it feels amazing!! By my Friday workout, I finally had burned 400 calories doing Fire 40. Such an achievement!!
I must say... The music Chalene picked for her workouts is awesome. Fast paced music most people will recognize with great beats to keep you moving. Plus I love the option to "fire up" the music before the workout begins so you hear more music and less Chalene once you know the moves. It really makes a huge different when you are working out to have the beat pushing you to workout a little harder. Thank you, Chalene!
Abs 10 is no joke. This floor routine will make you think at first that it may not be too intense a workout... Then Chalene speeds the moves up to a faster pace. Oh, you will feel the burn!! I can't wait to do this routine more often because I need to work my abs harder to get some definition. I would love a six pack by next summer! Who wouldn't? :)
Week 2 starts today with a HIIT workout. Wish me luck!! :)
~ Aly

Great job Aly!! And Good luck with week 2!
ReplyDelete¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Raising-Reagan.com
New Follower from the blog hop! follow me here!
ReplyDelete@http://pushpullgrindnow.blogspot.com/2013/08/fitness-tips-to-follow-without-using-gym.html