Wednesday, July 2, 2014

PiYo "Core" Workout

I forewarned a friend of mine yesterday that I would be doing a core workout today and not to make me laugh because I was probably going to be too sore for laughing. This, of course, was in reference to my first attempt at the 30 minute PiYo "Core" workout. I was excited to try the next workout on the schedule since it's been a week since I've introduced a new workout into the routine. I think Core is the most challenging workout in the program so far. Chalene doesn't just work your abs, but your entire core. So I don't necessarily feel like I'm going to die if I laugh too hard (at least not yet, but it's only been a few hours), but I can feel the burn as I worked to strengthen and elongate my core. (Lord knows I need all the elongation help I can get -- haha!!)

In true Chalene fashion, she works on hitting every muscle in our core. Like is the previous workouts so far, there's a lot of down dog and planking while doing the moves to work the core. I feel like I'm able to push myself a little further each day as my arms and wrists get stronger (along with all the other muscles in my body). I must say, Chalene does an amazing job in breaking down the moves in every workout so far... even moves that I remember seeing in the promotional video clip that I had thought "there's no way I will be able to do that!" aren't quite so bad when she breaks them down for you and shows you how to modify them until you can go all out. I love this!!

Photo Credit
Even with this Core workout where there's a fair amount of work being done on the floor, I was sweating. Not profusely, but I definitely broke a sweat doing these moves (and I couldn't even hold all of them as long as she does). I can't stress enough that this is a wonderful program to really grow with. Whether you're just starting your fitness journey and haven't done much exercising, or if you're a fitness enthusiast in fabulous shape... there's always a way to make every single move either easier or harder. Oh, and I love the music... it's actually pretty upbeat without being overpowering, given the type of workout PiYo is. These workouts fly by quicker than any I've ever done.

It'll be another week before my next post on "Buns" --- I've got 3 new workouts on the schedule next week!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

~ Aly

3 comments:

  1. Core is on my schedule today! I'm excited. Thanks for the review to get me mentally prepared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Heather! How did it go? :)

      Delete
  2. Well now I'm not so scared to push play!!! Here goes nothing!!

    ReplyDelete