Friday, June 27, 2014

"Sweat" with PiYo

Workout 4 in Chalene Johnson's "PiYo" program is called "Sweat"... and it will make you do just that for 37 minutes! For each series of moves, she breaks them down one move at a time and you will keep adding on until you can do the entire set straight through at tempo. You will incorporate all the moves you learned from the previous workouts and speed them up... and you will feel the burn! This is truly cardio without jumping. It's been 4 days and I can honestly (and shockingly) say that I can already feel a difference in my strength and flexibility. I realize you're probably reading this right now thinking, "There's no way..." I was relieved when I saw other friends on Facebook sharing that they were having a similar experience in their first week.

Photo Credit
For example, I noticed that I was able to stay in the plank moves longer for this workout than I had for the two previous "Define" workouts. I didn't feel as much of a strain on my muscles, and believe it or not, I am definitely noticing that while I'm still struggling with the push-ups (regular and tricep), I definitely realize that they are getting easier already. Which is amazing to me since (as I previously mentioned), I've been unable to do a real push-up since before getting pregnant with my daughter who is nearly 2 years old.

Now, there are some burpees in this workout. I realize to some, that's considered jumping, however, Michelle (who shows the modifications) does not do the burpees "all out". I burned 195 calories doing this workout (not too shabby for the type of workout it is). I'm kind of disappointed that the schedule has you do the two "Define" workouts and "Sweat" again before you move onto the net workout --- so it's going to be a few days before you get another PiYo update from me. If you're on the fence about PiYo, what's holding you back? I would love to talk with you! :)

Stay strong, and push play!

~ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment