Tuesday, July 8, 2014

PiYo "Buns"

Let me just start by telling you how much I LOVE this "Buns" workout! While it's really not like the others (there's some moves that start you in plank, but it's not really as "PiYo" as the others I've done so far), it works those buns, glutes, and hamstrings big time!! I'm in serious need of toning in this area. While I admit that my thighs have never been exactly what I would like them to be, they definitely aren't as trim as they were last summer (I have Brazil Butt Lift to thank for that --- sadly, my program got lost in the mail when I was shipping it to a relative to try out so I no longer have that program).

In this 28 minute workout, I burned 160 calories. I broke a sweat, big time. My legs feel a little like Jello. I love that feeling! It wasn't serious cardio but it was an amazing workout. I can tell it's going to help strengthen my legs while toning them as I become more flexible. There's a lot of squats and lunges, not to mention, BURPEES! I use to loathe burpees, but now I just know they're an awesome workout and make you so much stronger the more you do them. Want a peek at some of the moves you'll do in "Buns"? Click here!

Photo Credit
I'm excited to have a couple more "new" PiYo workouts to try out this week on the schedule... stay tuned for "Strength Intervals" later this week! "Full Body Blast" will be done over the weekend so that will be posted early next week.

~ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment