I really wasn't sure what to expect when I started the PiYo "Strength Intervals" workout. I want to start by sharing that I did this workout the first time barefoot, however, I do think that wearing sneakers will be better next time. I think the rule of thumb I'm going to use with these workouts is to wear (or not wear) whatever Chalene is wearing.
So Strength Intervals is about 22 minutes long. To me, it felt like I blinked and it was cool down time. But Chalene makes you WORK! I'm sure you would have expected that anyway (I mean, come on, it's Chalene!) but this one is a little different too. You will start off doing moves slowly, and work your way up to it being more of a fast-paced move to rev up your heart rate before slowing down into some strength and stretch moves... hence the name, "Strength Intervals".
This is another workout that really isn't like the more traditional PiYo workouts that you start off doing in this program, but I absolutely love it. Each day that I push play, I can tell that I'm working my body a little differently, which is how I think so many people are seeing such awesome results with this program. Your body needs constant change if you want it to change, so mixing it up has always been what I've heard is the best way to go. The PiYo series definitely keeps mixing things up!
I can't wait to share the next workout review with you as it's from the Deluxe Kit and you use the Strength Slides during that workout... that having been said, I would definitely encourage everyone to go with the Deluxe Kit. The workouts I've done that for have been awesome!!
~ Aly
No comments:
Post a Comment