Coming out of the holiday weekend, I didn't have time to go digging through my recipes to try anything new this week. I did some pinning though and can't wait to go through my pins to get cooking. I think my slacking in the skinny cooking has attributed to my plateau, so I'm planning on busting through that with full force this month!
I have a fabulous grocery store find that I've been so excited to share with you since my first bite. You may remember I blogged about the new South Beach Dark Chocolate bars with Extra Fiber last month. Those bars have been so helpful in keeping things "moving" since I started having one daily. Sadly, I cannot find them in my store anymore!! The spot on the shelf where the dark chocolate with extra fiber was has been replaced by a regular chocolate bar (no extra fiber). To say I was devastated would be a gross understatement. I even checked the diet and fiber supplement sections of the grocery store plus checked Target. No luck.
So I decided to start surveying my options. While browsing through Target for something I can substitute, I came across a product I've seen several times in the past but never really looked at too hard: Luna Fiber Bars. I never really looked at these because when I think "fiber", I think that it can't possibly taste good, but clearly many products on the market today have proven otherwise. The old school supplements to help get adequate your fiber into your diet are just that: old school!
![]() |
| Photo Source |
Quick Facts on Luna Fiber Bars:
* 7g fiber per soft baked fruit-filled bar
* Each bar includes the "Core 4" for women - Calcium (25% DV), Iron (15% DV), Folic Acid (30% DV), Vitamin D (15% DV) --- based on 2000 calorie diet
* Flavors include: Peanut Butter Strawberry (120 calories); Chocolate Raspberry (110 calories); Vanilla Blueberry (110 calories)
I bought a box of the Peanut Butter Strawberry and a box of Chocolate Raspberry. These are even better than the South Beach bars taste-wise since they have a cakier texture; they are firmer than a Nutri-Grain bar but softer than granola bars. I was skeptical since I think some of these fruity flavors can taste very artificial (especially strawberry and raspberry) but they are absolutely delicious. I can't wait to go back to try the Vanilla Blueberry - the reviews online have made claims that the Vanilla Blueberry tastes like a blueberry muffin... count me in! And more importantly, they seem to be working too which is always a relief. ;) Now if only they would sell a big variety pack at Costco...
Did you know the daily recommended value of fiber intake for women is 25 grams per day, and 38 grams per day for men? Do YOU get enough fiber? Of course natural fiber from foods is always best, but this is a great way to supplement if you are having trouble getting enough of that fiber into your diet each day.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend... and get some fiber!!
~ Aly
Did you know the daily recommended value of fiber intake for women is 25 grams per day, and 38 grams per day for men? Do YOU get enough fiber? Of course natural fiber from foods is always best, but this is a great way to supplement if you are having trouble getting enough of that fiber into your diet each day.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend... and get some fiber!!
~ Aly

No comments:
Post a Comment