Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Work in Progress

Looks like someone dropped the ball this past week with blogging! After the holiday weekend, I got caught up with visitors and still was trying to fully get over the cold I had. And now with the beautiful weather we're experiencing on the east coast, I've been trying to spend as much time outside as possible... which resulted in my first sunburn of the year on Monday after a two and a half hour walk at the park with Ellie. Who knew the April sun could do that?! I wasn't expecting it --- and I normally feel myself starting to burn. Didn't feel a thing! Fortunately, Ellie was well shaded in her stroller and I did put sunscreen on her arms and face just to be safe.

So let's go with an update! I did weigh in via My Fitness Pal on Monday as I always do. Down 1.4lbs from the previous week. I was hoping for a bigger weight loss considering I hadn't lost the week before, but I decided I am very happy with that number considering my workouts really haven't been as vigorous as they have been up until now. So I'll take it! 

Monday marked Day 64 in the Bikini Body Mommy 90-Day Challenge. The exercises are still kicking my butt, which is an awesome feeling. I am slightly modifying the "off" days though. Instead of 20 minutes of HIIT, I'm still doing a harder cardio workout to burn more calories. I just don't feel productive enough doing the HIIT. I love my Zumba and Jillian Michaels DVDs. I just can't leave them behind. 

I've been getting out every day this week to do some walking since the weather has been amazing here. I'm a huge fan of the summertime, so I will gladly take advantage of 75-85 degree days in April in southeastern Pennsylvania! So I've decided that I need to get a monitor to track the calories I burn. My Fitness Pal suggested that 2.5 hours at 3.0mph (which is a 20-minute mile) would burn 561 calories. I wonder how many more calories I burn pushing 40+lbs with my daughter in her stroller. Any thoughts?

Time for a quick check-in on the Slim by the Summer group too. This week's theme: My favorite body part. I'm going to be brutally honest. Right now, nothing. It use to be my rear... and when I got married, my arms looked awesome (for what my arms usually looked like). I love looking back at wedding and honeymoon pictures and seeing how awesome my arms looked (plus the fact that they were super tan after 11 days in Aruba definitely helped). Post-baby, I am still a work in progress and believe I will be for awhile still. NOTHING looks the way it did before (I don't think I believed anyone when they warned me that this would happen --- I always think I'm the exception to the rule, but this time, I'm definitely not). I don't know if I should start maybe focusing on one body part each week or month and then switching it up... I feel like a week might not be enough. Any suggestions? My honeymoon clothes all are fitting now but they're still a little snug since I have a few more pounds to lose to reach the same weight I was then. But I don't look the same in them. I'm not letting that discourage me though... if anything, it's forcing me to work harder to look that way again, if not even better! 

I promise I have a Food Frenzy Friday post coming this week... I do have a new recipe to share along with a few snacks I found while I was MIA. Stay tuned!! 

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that you look more amazing then you think you do. We are our own worst critics..

    Keep at it love!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lanaya! I know you are right... I just need to re-evaluate where I am going and how I can get these to break out of this plateau.

      Delete