By now, it should not be a surprise that I adore the Skinny Mom blog. Fabulous recipes and tips on how to stay healthy and fit. This week's recipe: Skinny Chicken Florentine. One word. YUM! And it's so simple too!! Cook the pasta and chicken, throw it in a casserole dish with the spinach mixture you make and bake. Voila! Spinach is a new love of mine. I don't really love it just outright plain, but I love it in everything. I can see this being a dish that my daughter will love down the road. The pasta makes it deceiving and the cottage cheese mixed with Parmesan cheese kind of mask some of the spinach flavors that kids may not like. If you have a kid and try this, let me know how they like it. I think with kids (especially with picky eaters), it's all about finding meals that hide the healthy foods in them so they don't realize what they're eating is actually a vegetable. :)
Another grocery store find when I was hunting for the Kidz Zone bars: the Clif Kid Z Bar. Same concept, different brand, equally as yummy! I've tried chocolate brownie and s'mores and love them both! Other flavors include chocolate chip, full moon brownie (seasonal), honey graham, iced oatmeal cookie, and peanut butter. I want to try them all!! 120 calories per bar, a great snack to help fill you on the go.
I've been doing some pinning this week so I can work on finding recipes of my own to modify to make skinny. Stay tuned in the upcoming weeks for those yummy recipe reveals!
I wish I was in the mood to cook but with Brian having been out of town all last week and then I'm taking off Wednesday it just hasn't happened around here!
ReplyDeleteThe plus is that scale is budging! LOL
Keep your eyes peeled for my Thursday post!! You are in it :)
¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com
I need to start menu planning at least one week out because on Sunday, I never know what to make.
DeleteI am so touched to be in your upcoming post!! :) Thanks, can't wait to see it!