Two awesome grocery store finds this week...
I love the Fiber One Brownies or Sugar Free Jello Pudding. I do want to make the transition to fruit, but I'm trying not to push myself over the edge just yet. Are these the healthiest? Maybe not - I'm no expert. But these help curb the cravings of the full fat foods. When I go down the frozen veggie aisle, I tend to look at the fruit bars and skinny ice creams but usually walk away empty handed because I want to keep whatever my post-dinner sweet snack is under 100 calories. New product alert: Fruttare Fruit Bars. I love mango, so I bought the mango bars (60 calories each). It tastes like mango sorbet --- which I absolutely love!!!!! Other flavors they sell include strawberry, orange, and lime. They also have fruit and milk bars (selections include peach, coconut, banana and strawberry). I can't wait to work my way through all of them, especially with summer right around the corner.
| Source |
While I was in the organic section at the grocery store looking for Clif bars, I noticed what looked like a new product to me: Monkey Bars. They are granola bars with prebiotic fiber to help improve digestive health. They are 100% natural. My store only carried the banana peanut butter chocolate bars (140 calories), and they are pretty good. A little more banana flavor than I would prefer (not a big banana fan) but I enjoyed them. According to their website, they also sell chocolate chip, strawberry vanilla, and blueberry vanilla flavors. They also make Monkey Brains --- it's oatmeal! Strawberry and Raspberry flavors. I want to try them ALL!!!
I had a bit of a failure following a special snack recipe I had found on Pinterest and was really excited about. I couldn't find all the proper ingredients so I tried a substitution and was unsuccessful (though I think it came out "right", I didn't care for the taste). So I'm going to give it another go in the upcoming weeks and will share with you then. Sorry to keep you in suspense but I didn't want to full review something until I tried the recipe the correct way. So stay tuned! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment