Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beautiful Mama

Wow! So I've been blogging for about three months now... the last thing I was expecting was any kind of award. I was so touched when I saw that Lanaya from Raising Reagan nominated me for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award. My daughter is (nearly) eight months old, so I haven't even been a mom for too long, though it's almost impossible to remember what life was like without her in our lives and I love her more than life itself. I am so blessed and I absolutely love my life.

So having been nominated for this award, I have the pleasure of nominating other bloggers! Being new to the blogging world, I do have a few mama's in mind that I would like to recognize for doing what I believe is an extraordinary job at being a mom from what I know through their blog. Lanaya said it pefectly, being a mom is really hard work. It's without a doubt the hardest job I've ever had. I work longer hours than I've ever worked (and I was in the hotel industry before, so that speaks volumes). And I may not make a penny being home with her every day... But to me, it is the greatest, more rewarding job ever. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

My nominations for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award go to...
Gina ~ Skinnytaste



The Rules...
  • Click the above image; save it and use it in your acceptance post
  • List 3 things you love about motherhood
  • Nominate other deserving mothers; you may choose as many as you like

What do I love about motherhood?
1. As a stay at home mom, there are times you feel totally tapped and just want to sleep for hours. However, this is not possible. And you know what? I might tell my husband how exhausted I am, but I wouldn't want to miss a single moment with my daughter. When I'm not with her, I will admit... I miss her! Not in the crazy "I can't separate myself from my child" kind of way though. I love that I am helping to teach her everything she knows. For this reason, I strive on a daily basis to be a better person so I can set a good example. After all, one day, she's going to start mimicking me, and I would rather she mimic my best behaviors. :)

2. Part of setting a good example for her means living a healthy lifestyle. Eating right and exercising. I know right now, she loves her Similac, rice cereal, and the solid foods she's had so far, but I like exercising in front of her so she sees it. She may not "get it" yet, but at least she can giggle at me while I Zumba or have Jillian Michaels kick my behind through the TV. I want her to think this is how life is supposed to be. I have always struggled with this personally and if I can do anything to set her up for success from the very beginning, I am going to do it.

3. It's fun! It may sound simple and silly considering I mentioned how hard it is being a mom, but I love it more than anything. I love going shopping and looking down at her in the stroller... whether she's sound asleep, or staring at me and smiling as she makes all kinds of noises (she's a chatterbox already!) You never know what a new day may bring, so I love and cherish every moment of it as I take it all in...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 1st blog award!! WooHoo!
    You are an incredible mama and I love how much fun you are having doing it!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete