My Monday post is usually posted in the morning but I was a little slow today. Then today's events threw the rest of my afternoon all off schedule. I first and foremost want to send my prayers to all those in Boston. Whether you live there now, grew up there, have family or friends there, or just love visiting... My heart goes out to everyone. As a UMass alum, I have many friends in Boston. Even friends from high school are in Boston now (growing up in CT, if you didn't totally fly the coop (like me) or stay around the immediate area, you either ended up in New York or Boston. Watching the story unfold today, I felt an uncomfortable pit in my throat and my eyes filled with tears. I felt like I was glued to the TV in a similar way as I was on 12/14 as I watched my hometown go through something nobody ever should. I am saddened that this is the kind of world we live in now. I have so many fun memories in Boston and will hold those close to my heart tonight as I think of everyone there. I am blessed that it seems my Boston friends are accounted for, and I pray for those who have not been as fortunate. That being said...
A new week begins. However, my plateau lives on. The scale isn't moving! I think I may go out this week to buy a heart rate monitor to make sure I am actually burning the calories I have been logging in My Fitness Pal since I am 99% certain I have been accurate with my food portions I have been logging.
Last week's beautiful weather got my out of the house and walking around at the park. I've been getting back into my workout DVDs and Zumba and have started to deviate away from the Bikini Body Mommy challenge since I haven't seen much action the past few weeks since the cardio portion changes after the halfway mark. I really think my body just needs me to train harder to see progress now. I saw a pin this weekend of a shirt that said, "Train insane or stay the same". My new motto! My lack of movement on the scale has gotten me moving more in hopes I can reach that initial goal weight by May 7. If I really give it 150%, I still believe it can be done. Any suggestions, tips or words of encouragement are welcome!!
Onto the Slim by the Summer theme of the week: Motivation. Why am I part of the group? Why am I on a mission to lose weight and get healthy? For myself and my family. As many of you know, I gave birth to my very first child in August. I've always struggled with my weight. I have a killer sweet tooth. Of course I want to look and feel great (which I believe these often go hand in hand), but more importantly, I want to set a good example for my daughter as she grows up. I want her to learn about eating right from the very beginning and how important it is to live an active lifestyle.
Stay tuned for Food Frenzy Friday... I'm cooking something fun up!
I love your new motto!! And that beautiful munchkin of yours is the perfect motivation.
ReplyDeleteBoth of us have the same goals!!
¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com
Once again... great minds think alike!! :) Thanks, Lanaya!
Delete