Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fitness Resources

Happy Tuesday! I'm just returning home from spending the weekend in Connecticut with my family as we celebrated our (Orthodox) Easter. Skinny food was not on the menu on Sunday (plus Easter candy was put in front of me --- if you've missed my last posts, I have a mega sweet tooth)... I did workout each day though! Regardless, I did not lose weight. In fact, the scale shows me up one pound just from one rough day. I'm not going to let that get me down though (especially since that's my first big splurge of the year). I didn't even do that for my own Birthday!

Major news this week. I now have a Facebook Page! If you haven't liked me yet, please do! And invite your friends!! I made it to 50 likes in the first two days --- would love to see that hit triple digits this week!!

I'm excited to be starting a new workout routine this week! One of my oldest friends, Danielle, has sent me Beach Body's Insanity. Am I insane for accepting this offer? Most likely. But I know where the scale is right now is where I typically plateau, so I need to kick it up a notch. I am fully prepared for a total butt kicking and realize I probably won't be able to do a lot of the exercises on the DVDs, but the saying goes: "Train insane or stay the same." You won't want to miss this!!



3 weeks left in Slim by the Summer. This week's topic: fitness resources. Where do I turn when it comes to my fitness routine and advice to stay on track? I love the Internet. Anything you could imagine is on the web. Of course, you know this already! I love Pinterest. I have an entire board dedicated to fitness routines and exercises. Another board dedicated to healthy recipes. I love these boards and make sure they keep growing. Feel free to follow my boards as they grow --- each board currently has over 250 pins!

I receive frequent emails from Women's Health Magazine (and Men's Health sometimes too). They share exercise tips and healthy food suggestions. I haven't been shy in sharing my love for Jillian Michaels. I admire her and think she's absolutely amazing. She is living proof that you can struggle with your weight growing up and still live a healthy lifestyle and stay fit as an adult. She was in Philly on Friday night but sadly I was getting everything packed up for the weekend away so I couldn't go see her on her Maximize Your Life Tour (and of course her Connecticut appearance was the day before so I missed that too). But I think she is a total rock star and strive to be more like her. I hope I can meet her someday!

But I also turn to friends and family for their thoughts too. What has worked for them? They are wonderful sounding boards. I love asking for tips on My Fitness Pal and Facebook. When Danielle (who I mentioned above) read my Tending to my Trouble Spots post, she shared all her tips of how she got these trouble spots to be lean and toned. She has faith that I can do this... Nearly 25 years of friendship, I think it's safe to say she knows when I give something everything I've got, that I can do it... And I WILL!! I just may need to be carried afterward. :)

So what are your fitness resources?

~ Aly

2 comments:

  1. I love all your resources ... and no worries, everyone plateaus!
    I lost almost two pounds this week after not going anywhere for a bit.
    Get on the insanity train girl :) You can do it!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate plateaus! And the insanity is just that... Insane!! Ahh!! ~ Aly

      Delete