Friday, May 17, 2013

Food Frenzy Friday 8

TGIF! Shame on me... No new recipes this week. I feel like the weeks this month are just flying by since we've been away every weekend so far. When we're not home, I have trouble sitting down to really focus on picking out new recipes to try during the week. I realize my daughter takes 2 naps a day but that's when I workout, shower, unwind, and try to get caught up on things around the house. Fortunately, we aren't going anywhere this weekend so expect a new recipe next week!

But I do have a couple grocery store finds this week:

Arnold Sandwich Thins - I've seen these numerous times in the store and stumbled across a coupon for them a decided to give them a try. They are only 100 calories --- helps you to save some of those calories from the standard 90-100 calories per slice of most breads. They are actually pretty good! And they taste like bread, just thinner. I tried the whole wheat - these are a lot easier to handle than the previous Pocket Thins I had blogged about since they can't tear when you make the sandwich. These are my new sandwich "go-to's".  These Sandwich Things come in 6 different varieties. Check them out!
Photo Credit: Arnold
Dole Fruit Squish'ems (Apple Mixed Berry) - I had a coupon for these too. I probably wouldn't have known about these otherwise. I think my daughter is going to love these in another month or two. It's essentially just applesauce in a pouch. It's even suggested that you can freeze them and eat them as a slushy (which I definitely want to try --- right now they are just refrigerated). A great snack to take on the go. No added sugars or high fructose corn syrup. They come in Apple, Apple Mixed Berry, and Apple Strawberry. I noticed while I was picking these up that Mott's has their own pouches too so there are plenty of options and varieties to try if you have an applesauce preference. Of course, going straight for the fruit itself is the healthiest option but these are easy to take on the go. 

Photo Credit: Dole
Stay tuned for my new post on Tuesday --- and a new recipe next Friday!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

~ Aly

2 comments:

  1. I have gotten those sandwich thins before ... it's awesome when you don't want as much bread!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete