Sunday, February 8, 2015

Friday Food Frenzy 23

As a parent, I've learned to embrace that sometimes life will throw me a curve ball and to expect the unexpected... like a toddler who had started to calm down a bit of course will start to act up again just when you think you've got your routine down pat. Pass me more wine, please!!

Anyway, I would love to share with you a fabulous recipe I tried from Gina at SkinnyTaste: Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce. I typically prefer recipes that I can prep ahead of time and toss in the oven because of the aforementioned toddler... it just makes life easier! I had the hubby home earlier one day though so I was ready to tackle this recipe head on (plus I love cooking with wine!!)

Photo Credit

This recipe was absolutely delicious, and only 169 calories per serving! I'm not a mushroom fan, but my husband loves them, so this gave him plenty of extra mushrooms and I just added a veggie as a side dish for me since I wasn't getting the mushrooms from this recipe into me. This was actually a pretty quick and easy recipe to follow. My biggest problem with recipes like this is I tend to let the sauce dry up because I get distracted... there wasn't as much left as I'd like, so I need to be more careful of that next time. If you prefer to cook without wine, I'm sure you could sub the wine with more chicken broth. I served this dish with a side of brown rice.

Enjoy!

~ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment