Tuesday, February 17, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme: Disc 1 Review

I love Autumn Calabrese. Have I said that before? I was so excited for the 21 Day Fix Extreme to come out since I loved the original. I personally think I get the best results when I mix cardio with weights, so this program is perfect for me. I wanted to share a bit about each workout with you so you can get a better idea as to what you can expect if you're interested in this program.

Plyo Fix Extreme: I'm not going to lie... when I opened the DVD set when this program first arrived in the mail and I saw the title of this workout had replaced "Total Body Cardio Fix", I was freaking out and totally intimidated. The original 21DF came with a bonus workout called "Plyo Fix", and it was a total butt kicker. I only did it a handful of times because it left me so winded that I felt like I was going to die. (Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme, but it really whipped my butt). That being said, I don't want to discount this Plyo Fix Extreme because it is also a serious butt kicker, but I actually really enjoyed this one. Each move is only 30 seconds and then you get a 30 second break to recover, so it didn't leave me feeling quite as winded, though it definitely made my legs feel like jello. You will use 2 sets of weights for this one and it's primarily a leg workout (obviously, given the title "plyo")... lots of jumping! The modifications for most of the moves in this workout are mainly just jumping less (or not at all). There were plenty of times that I had to slow down because I didn't think my legs would make it, but I survived! :)

Reason #2 to go EXTREME – because it's not 90 days. It's not 60 days. It' s only 21 DAYS! You'll have to commit yourself but you can do anything for 21 days, especially if it means getting the SERIOUS results you've always wanted. #GetYourFix

Find out when 21 Day Fix® EXTREME is available—and enter for a chance to win it FREE here: http://bit.ly/1xWPU6S
Photo Credit
Upper Fix Extreme: For this workout, you need your light and heavier set of weights, as well as your resistance band (*note that the program doesn't come with this resistance band so if you have one at home, you're good, otherwise, you will want to get one*). This is different from the original Upper Fix because for the first 30 seconds of each move where you're using weights, you will use your heavy weights, then you will switch out to the lighter weights for the remainder of the minute. Drop sets at their finest! Autumn makes sure that your legs get a good workout too... She loves legs!!

Pilates Fix Extreme: The original Pilates Fix was my favorite workout in the program. Pilates Fix Extreme is still focused on Pilates but unlike the original, this one uses a resistance band throughout the entire workout... 32 minutes of no-joke pilates. There were a few moves where I initially thought "oh my gosh, is she trying to break my band, or me?" She's not messing around!!

Lower Fix Extreme: This follows a similar concept as Upper Fix Extreme except instead of doing 30 seconds with the heavy weight then 30 with the light weight, it was 30 seconds heavy followed by 30 seconds without a weight doing a Plyo move. My legs felt like mush after just the first round!! I felt the burn which means it's definitely working already!

Are you ready to take your results to the NEXT LEVEL? Then you are ready for EXTREME! 

Be the first to know when #21DFX is available and enter for a chance to win it FREE: http://bit.ly/1F8fbNz
Photo Credit
Stay tuned for info about the second set of workouts, as well as the "ultimate" workouts and eating for the 21DFX.

~ Aly 

1 comment: