Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Insanity Max: 30 --- Continuing Month 1

Happy New Year!! Excuse my delay in sharing more with you about Insanity Max: 30. I took a short hiatus from working out after my first post about the first three workouts --- the holidays totally wore me down! I officially started this program this week with my challenge group on Facebook and am absolutely in LOVE with it. I'm a competitive person by nature so I enjoy trying to compete with myself. 

This will cover Sweat Intervals and Fright Fight: Round 1, as well as Pulse. Tabata Strength won't be covered for a couple more weeks since it isn't in the schedule until Week 3... why? Because there's NO REST! So we will have to be kept in suspense for a bit longer with that workout... but without further ado...

Photo Credit

Sweat Intervals. This workout rocks my world. It's the same general concept at Cardio Challenge, just with different moves (so you 4.5 minutes of cardio then get a 30 second break). What I love about this entire program is that you really do feel that sense of presence from Shaun T, almost as if he's right there with you. He senses when you need that extra encouragement and really helps to ensure you've got the right form and are pushing to your max so you can get the max results. He makes sure you know that he believes that you can do this, even if you need to modify at first. I don't know about you, but I need that encouragement because it does make me push harder... I don't want to let Shaun T down! :)
 


Photo Credit
 
I understand the title of this now. Shaun T (as usual) means business!!! Instead of going 5 minutes without a water break, this one pushes you for 15 minutes for a 30 second break. Then you go another 10 minutes before getting another break... Then it pushes you to your final max out. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be when I saw the timer bar at the bottom of the screen. He will alternate between some less and more strenuous moves so it's not like you're doing burpee lunges and power jumps for 15 minutes straight.

Pulse will give you a different take on this program. It's a 20 minute low-impact workout to help you recover over the weekend. Shaun T takes you through a lot of the same moves that you've done in the other Max: 30 workouts, just at a lower intensity (no jumping). You do "pulse" a lot of moves in between stretching. You will still sweat with this workout, but it's a nice change of pace after 5 days of pushing as hard and fast as you possibly can.

Stay tuned for a wrap up on month 1 in the coming weeks! What questions do you have so far about Max: 30? Are you ready to #maxout?

~ Aly

1 comment: