Toddlerhood is a challenge. The newborn/infant stages of dealing with spit up and reflux seems like a breeze compared to toddlerhood. I can recall some days (particularly over this past summer as my daughter was approaching those dreaded "Terrible Two's") that I literally would just feel like I was going to have a total meltdown. She was starting to understand more every day but that didn't stop her from trying to push me a little further than I wanted to allow her. Fortunately, she started nursery school twice a week this fall as well as dance, and she seems to be making wonderful progress. She still has her moments (hey, don't we all?!) but I feel like some of those really frustrating days when I wanted to crack open a bottle of wine at naptime are already a distant memory... let's NOT venture down that road again for awhile, okay? :)
Amidst this chaos of toddlerhood, I started to do a little less in caring for myself and I went into more of a survival mode. My early morning workouts became less frequent and my meal planning ahead of time became non-existent. Need I tell you any more? That being said... I come to my goals for 2015. I don't want to call them resolutions because we know resolutions were made to be broken, kind of like rules.
- I've got some weight to drop that I put on the second half of 2014. My goal is to shed that weight and then some. Ideally, I would love to fit comfortably back into my shorts by our vacation this spring. I've got 15 weeks and the goal is 15lbs. I'm confident I can do that with my new workout plus meal planning (the first 5 usually fall off easy... it's the rest that I usually really have to work for).
- I want to wake up early for my workouts at least 3 days a week (preferably 5 days if I can push myself but if I need a little extra sleep, I won't go batty over that... the weekend workouts can be more flexible with my husband home).
- Booze on weekends only. I think we've all had days where we just want to kick back and unwind (and that will probably happen on a few occasions moving forward, I'm sure), but my goal is to primarily keep my adult beverages on the weekends. If I drink on a weeknight, I need to double up on my workout the next day. It seems only fair.
- I want to do more "crafty" things with my daughter. I have plenty of ideas I've pinned on Pinterest, so now I want to do one project with her a week. This will be especially helpful this winter if we get snowed in. :)
- I want to have one date night with my husband a month. We don't have family nearby to easily babysit our daughter, but I think it's so important to get those date nights in for us. Especially before we even think about growing our family. If we can't get a date night out, we need to plan something when our daughter goes to bed aside from just having a few drinks and watching a movie. I've pinned date night ideas at home too... I need to utilize these ideas!!
- Try AT LEAST one new recipe a month. When I started cooking more post-baby, I was trying new recipes all the time. Then that baby became very active and didn't want me in the kitchen which meant I needed easier dinner ideas that required less prep work. Time to figure this out... I'm open to all tips (and healthy recipe ideas too)
- I want to grow my business. I became a Beachbody Coach in February 2014. I set high goals for myself and then toddlerhood set in. I want to really get my business rolling in 2015. I want to help others live a healthier lifestyle and welcome them to the Beachbody family too, because I've heard so many amazing success stories, and I'm ready for us to join the ranks together.
- Read. I use to love to read but with that constant feeling of having 10 balls in the air at once and not being able to catch them all, this usually takes the back burner. I want to read for fun. I think I started to do that less in high school and college because there was always so much I "had" to read for school. I got into the habit of reading more in recent years but with how tired I was feeling at night this year with the aforementioned crazy toddler, I started to read less. So I want to read again. :)
- Most importantly, I want to love more. I feel like I can get so bogged down by the news and drama going on around me. To be honest, I think having something hit so close to home for me (12/14), it made me open my eyes to how fragile our lives are and not to take a single moment for granted. I try not to get caught up in other people's drama and hopefully help them see the good in the world since we are always being shown all the bad. I want to live as positive a life as possible so I can be a good role model for my family. Always tell people you love them. You never know if you'll get another chance.
I think those cover the key points. I'm sure I will add to this as time goes on, but I wanted YOU to know what my goals are for the year so you can help hold me accountable. I would love to do the same for you. What are YOUR goals for 2015? How can I help? :)
Happy New Year!
~ Aly

No comments:
Post a Comment