Friday, December 12, 2014

Insanity Max: 30 --- Getting Started with Month 1

Though my test group for Insanity Max: 30 isn't starting until after the New Year, I thought it would be best to go through the workouts so I can share more about the program from personal experience with you! I'll break the first month up into two separate posts, but you'll have to wait for the second month until I'm actually going through it come February.

Photo Credit
Cardio Challenge. 30 minutes of serious cardio. Shaun T will lead you through several rounds of cardio where you push as hard as you can for 4.5 minutes and then get a 30 second break before going at it again. I followed the modifier for roughly half of the moves, but even then, I still burned 283 calories with this workout. No joke!! I was sweating big time but it felt great to push myself. I can't wait to start tracking my Max Out times when the challenge group kicks off because I can't wait to see my improvement with this workout in particular.


Photo Credit
Ab Attack: 10. I did this workout after I finished the Cardio Challenge workout. Not easy!!! I need to double check the calendar but I think my plan is to do this at least 3 days a week (I really want to get some definition in my abs). I burned 63 calories doing this right after Cardio Challenge.


Photo Credit
Tabata Power. 20 seconds of pushing your hardest before taking a 10 second break, then repeat. Each round focuses on a different area of your body, so while you start by working your legs, there's a round that involves variations of push-ups (don't worry, if your upper body is weaker than you would like it to be like mine, you can do them on your knees), a round that focuses on your core, and a round that will make those triceps BURN! The last 4 minutes, you push straight through and go as hard and fast as you can. I maxxed out around 6 minutes for this workout. I did modify nearly half of the moves as I did with Cardio Challenge after maxxing out. I burned 210 calories doing this workout.

I'm LOVING these workouts so far. As a former sales person in the hospitality industry, I thrived on "competing" with myself... reaching my goals and pushing further so I'd never settle. That will come in handy as I try to beat my own max out times each and every day. Ready to join me yet?

~ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment