Tuesday, March 4, 2014

One week down... along with my scale and measurements!

Sorry this post is a day behind, my daughter ran the show yesterday. :)

It's been 7 whole days on the 21 Day Fix with the workouts and eating plan combined. If you've been following my blog, you will know I was a little intimidated by the containers. They look small when you're looking at them (at least they did to me)... until I filled them for the first time. Ummm in most cases, the food I was putting on my plate from the containers at meal time was actually MORE than I was usually putting on my plate!

I've lost 3.3lbs and 4 inches in the first 7 days on the eating plan with the workouts (I'm doing one workout a day plus adding the 10-minutes of abs at least three days a week).

Just a quick recap on how many containers I'm allowed daily for you to understand the examples I'm about to show you...
4 red containers (protein)
3 green containers (vegetables)
2 purple containers (fruit)
2 yellow containers (carbs)
1 blue container (healthy fats like cheeses, nuts and avocado)
1 orange container (dressings)
2 teaspoons (oils and nut/seed butters)

A few examples for you of breakfasts I've had this first week... note that the coffee has one packet of raw sugar and a small amount of skim milk, which is a freebie!!

Oatmeal with blueberries and raspberries (one yellow and one purple container);
I planned on having a Greek Yogurt too (one red container), but this left me full so I saved the yogurt for later

2 eggs scrambled (one red) with crumbled feta cheese (one blue container);
One slice of whole wheat toast (one yellow container ) with one teaspoon of natural peanut butter

These breakfasts have left me feeling full and satisfied (I've basically rotated through these, sometimes making my eggs over easy and saving the cheese for my salad for lunch). Having my coffee is key. I was so sad the first morning on this plan because I hated the way this coffee tasted. However, in a matter of 2 or 3 days, my taste buds adjusted to having my coffee this way.

Speaking of lunch, I've been a big fan of making a salad with protein (usually either chicken or hard boiled eggs). Filling two green containers with lettuce and mixed veggies makes a HUGE salad. Depending on if I save the cheese for the salad, I can add that, and usually use half of my salad dressing container for the salad too... here's my kale salad that I added broccoli slaw to (I have a toddler at home so I need quick and easy options to prep something sometimes), 2 eggs, feta cheese, and half an orange container.



I think dinner has surprised me the most. Look at all the food on this plate --- note, this is just ONE green, ONE red, and ONE yellow (plus half of an orange --- I used some salad dressing to give the chicken some flavoring).

 
 
I even survived a dinner out at Olive Garden (of all places!!) this past weekend. I knew where we would be going ahead of time so visited the website to see their Lighter Fare Menu to plan my day out so I was saving the proper containers (including a yellow for a glass of wine!!) Dining out doesn't mean you can usually follow the plan to a "T" but it felt like a success for me!

Being a part of a challenge group right now is really helping me stay on track. I think I would have splurged over the weekend with a second glass of wine and who knows what else if I didn't see everyone posting their meals and workouts, plus words of encouragement. If you wanted to join the next Challenge Group with this program starting on March 17 with my coach, Kristina @ Racing and Saving Mama, don't forget to pick up your 21 Day Fix Program! :)

I'm loving these workouts and feeling stronger every day. Autumn is right... it doesn't get easier, I'm just getting better. Thank you, Autumn! I can't wait to see how my results at the end of this with the successes I'm already having!

4 comments:

  1. I was so intimidated too. i had read others saying they had too much food...i kept thinking 'what size containers did these ppl get?'

    great job!!

    my week 2 starts monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting tomorrow-already packed my lunch and you're right-the salads are big! Thanks for the helpful hints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you get at Olive Garden

    ReplyDelete