Sunday, March 2, 2014

21 Day Fix: Yoga Fix

I would like to start by telling you I've never been a big Yoga fan. I've tried a couple of DVDs (one of which was several years ago when Yoga Booty Ballet first came out --- yes, this in fact is a Beachbody workout, long before I really knew what Beachbody was). I guess I just never felt that it did anything for me.

Given my past experience, I was skeptical when I finally gave the Yoga Fix workout from the 21 Day Fix  a try this morning. But then again, maybe I just never gave Yoga a good chance. I'm so use to being on the go and feeling that I constantly need to be doing something, that I don't like to slow down much. I was seriously contemplating turning the DVD off and doing the Pilates Fix in it's place, merely because I just didn't feel like doing Yoga. But I knew I needed to give it a try. About halfway through, I was feeling a really good (and much needed) stretch in my muscles... especially in my legs. In the last few minutes, I found myself thinking, "wow... this is a really good way to just unwind and take a bit of a time out from all the hard work I've done this week". And I actually started to wish there was an abbreviated version of this Yoga Fix to perhaps use as a stretch after each workout.

I'm no Yoga expert so I can't really give you a ton of feedback about how it compares to other Yoga workouts I've done. I recognized "Sun Salutation", "Downward Dog", the "Warrior" poses, and "Child's Pose". It overall was a really good workout and I look forward to starting to feel the burn again tomorrow!



Beachbody 21 Day Fix Base Kit sold out within 36 hours
Photo Credit

2 comments:

  1. i got my 21 day fix yesterday and start day 1 tomorrow. i have been researching meals like crazy and did her 10 min abs today along with the pylo dvd today too...wow! if that is any indication what i'm in for i'm excited and scared. i'm a momma to 6 that needs to tone and lose about 25 lbs! glad i found ur blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me too, Laura!! :) Good luck on your 21 Day Fix journey --- I hope you love it and have as much as I've been having (over 3lbs and 4in lost in the first week following the workings with the eating plan)! Are you already working with a coach? If not, let me know and I can have you added to my Facebook group for support if you'd like.

      Delete