
The basis of this award is to tell you seven random facts about myself and then pass the award to give other very inspiring bloggers. So here I go!
1. I am kind of OCD... Not the kind where you can't step on sidewalk cracks or need to follow certain patterns when I do things. But the kind where I need to have the things that I do on a regular basis done "my way". Like when I pack for weekends away, I know my process for how I pack my daughter's bags. The food, bottles, diapers, wipes, bibs, etc. Even when I repack everything to come home, I like to do it my way, because I know where everything is which makes it easier for me to unpack. My poor husband - I know he likes to help and offers to all the time, but he knows how particular I am, so it makes me crazy when I don't do some things my own way.
2. I love "Friends". It's my favorite tv show of all time. I could sit and watch it all day, every day, and never get tired of it. And every single episode still makes me laugh.
2. I love "Friends". It's my favorite tv show of all time. I could sit and watch it all day, every day, and never get tired of it. And every single episode still makes me laugh.
3. To tag team on #2, I love my friends. I mean, we all love our friends, right? But as I've gotten older and move through life's stages, I have learned who my true friends are. I can remember being a young girl, driving to church with my dad one Sunday morning. He asked me how many best friends I had, and of course at that age, you think you have like 10 or more best friends. He told me his dad told him when he was younger that if you have 3 true best friends in your life, you are truly lucky. You learn through the good and the bad who will be there for you no matter what... Sometimes it hurts, but in the end, you realize everything happens for a reason and maybe some people are only brought into your life to help carry you through tough times. Friendship is a two way street, and not talking daily doesn't mean you're any less of friends... After all, the best friends are the ones that no matter how much time has passed, you can pick up right where you left off like you never missed a beat. I love my besties and am truly blessed to have them in my life. I wish I lived closer to them!
4. I played the clarinet for 9 years growing up. I was a huge "band weenie" in high school (and I was the head band weenie my senior year --- drum major!), and even marched one year in college. Oddly enough, I miss it. I always think about picking up the clarinet (or another one of the instruments I learned throughout the years), but I haven't played in 12 years now... I think I would still be able to do it but I feel like there's no time right now.
5. My biggest weakness in the food department: cookies. I love cookies. But they've got to be good homemade (or bakery) cookies, not grocery store bought cookies. When I start to eat a good cookie, they are like potato chips to me --- I can't eat just one! Needless to say, when I go into cookie making mode around the holidays, it's so difficult not to indulge... Or overindulge for that matter!
6. I can't remember if I said this already in a previous post... if I did, I think it deserves being repeated... I love Walt Disney World. I'm going through withdrawal not going now that I have a baby who we don't want to take for a couple years... Not sure if that's going to happen (maybe it will be next year, but as of now, we are planning for 2015, right before her 3rd Birthday). Can't wait to see the new and improved Magic Kingdom!! I accept all tips and suggestions about a Disney trip with a little one. And if you've done a Disney Cruise with a little one too, please let me know, I'd love to go on a cruise too and haven't been on DCL yet.
7. Ever since my pregnancy, I feel totally disconnected with fashion. Now that I've lost all the baby weight and fitting into my old clothes, I realize I hate my wardrobe but don't seem to love anything I see in stores. I did buy a lot of new summer clothes, but am excited for fall clothes (though I dread fall because I know winter follows) to see how I can rebuild my wardrobe... I'm hoping something will rejuvenate my sense of fashion!
My nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award --- I think they are all amazing and so inspiring, so you should check them out!!!
Sarah @ Mama's Got It Together
Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.
Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers
Diana @ Nanny to Mommy
~ Aly
Congrats on your award Aly ~ so glad that I could pass it on to you and you chose some great blogs to pass it on to as well.
ReplyDelete¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Raising-Reagan.com
I can't thank you enough, Lanaya! :)
DeleteCongrats, you have really inspiring blog...and thanks for sharing other bloggers! Nice to read all the inspiring stories. You can come visit my blog..
ReplyDeletehttp://runingheelsblog.blogspot.fr
Aww thank you, Elmedina! I will most definitely check out your blog too! :)
Delete~ Aly