Wednesday, October 1, 2014

P90: "A" Workouts

When I first heard that Tony Horton was coming out with a new workout called P90 (based off of his P90X series of workout programs, only without the "extreme" aspect), I really wasn't overly excited. As more details were divulged as the release date got closer, I actually got SUPER excited. Tony has talked about how this program is the "on" switch to fitness for those who maybe haven't been active in awhile. After just 3 days, I can see how this would definitely get someone less active into shape, but I also think that this is a fantastic workout for people who have been active but just aren't looking for an extreme workout. Want to work harder? Work harder! It's that simple...

The first month of P90, you will complete the "A" series workouts. Sweat A is more cardio focused, Sculpt A is to work on building your strength, and Ab Ripper A... well, it works on doing just that... ripping those abs.

Photo Credit
On my first day, I did Sweat A and Ab Ripper A. 35 minutes total altogether. I was honestly focusing more on trying to get the moves right than I was on really getting a good workout in, but after completing it a second time, I absolutely LOVE it. The moves are all simple and straight forward. If you're like me and you are generally pretty active, just push harder and faster for a more intense workout... I sweat so much more the second time around once I figured out the moves (and burned about 50 additional calories too!)

I absolutely LOVE Sculpt A too. You can use weights or a resistance band (the kit comes with the band if you prefer to use the band... I want to use weights so I can increase my weights in another week or two, but I started with 5lb weights this week). What I loved about this workout... unlike most workout programs I've done in the past, you have to repeat each round of exercises. This gets those 16 reps in of each exercise and then you move on. I felt that these 30 minutes FLEW because of this.

Month "A" rotates through these three workouts plus you would add the "Saturday Special" cardio workout (stay tuned next week for more about this!), then we move onto the "B" workouts in the second month. I cannot wait to see my results with this program. I'm not following the meal plan but I did see some recipes in the booklet that I plan to try. I've just been tracking my calories in MyFitnessPal and have been following the 80/20 rule of eating clean 80% of the time.

I'm starting a P90 Challenge Group in 2 weeks... if this sounds like this program might be right you, I am looking for 5 people who are ready to commit to living a healthier and more active lifestyle with me! Comment below or message me on my Facebook page... I would love for you to start with me on October 13! Let's hit it! ~ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment