Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Food Frenzy 21

Sometimes I feel like I'm my own worst enemy... I pin so many recipes that my kitchen can't keep up! Growing up, I can always remember my mom making stuffed cabbage (and I always refused to eat it). Well I found a fabulous (as always!) recipe on Skinnytaste for a Stuffed Cabbage Casserole. I told myself it was time to suck it up and try to give into cabbage. I'm so glad I did!!

Photo Credit

This recipe took a little more time to prep than I had anticipated but it's definitely easier than making stuffed cabbage the traditional way. And let me tell you --- this was a delicious recipe to add into our dinner rotation. I love trying new recipes but always preface dinner to my husband with, "I hope it's good!" You basically cook up the beef mixture and then cook up the cabbage and layer them in a Pyrex dish, cook it in the oven, and if you would like, add some cheese on top and then cook a little longer to melt the cheese. I love cheese so I went for it, and YUM!!!

I know every oven is different but my suggestion is to keep a close eye on the cheese if you decide to add it. The recipe calls to cook for 40 minutes covered with foil (before adding the cheese) and then 20 minutes uncovered (after adding the cheese). I actually took it out after 15 minutes and to be honest, I wish I had checked it sooner because the cheese dried up a little bit (10 minutes might have been enough) but it was still delicious! I actually plan to give this to my toddler to try next time. Hopefully she will love it too!

Bon Apetit!

~ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment