You know that feeling you get when you haven't quite over-worked a muscle... like you think if you did any more of whatever you were doing in the first place that it would make that muscle group feel like total jello? I can remember getting a foot and a half of snow a few years ago in one storm. My husband and I went out to shovel and when we got back in, my entire body felt like mush. Sorry if this is TMI but you ladies will be able to relate: you're so sore that even squatting to go to the bathroom hurts. :)Well, get ready. For the first time doing this Lower Fix workout, that's exactly how I feel.
This workout has 4 rounds of 2 movements each (and you repeat each movement so essentially, you do each move twice before moving onto the next round). Beware: Some of these movements you do for 50 seconds... and then HOLD for the last 10 seconds. What I thought was funny was that as I started many of these moves, I thought to myself "this isn't going to be challenging enough". Hah trying doing Sumo Squats for an entire minutes with weights at your shoulders! There are several squat and lunge variations in this workout. And for the first three rounds, you have your heavy weights in your hands for each move, so I even feel like this workout worked my arms and shoulders quite a bit too.
And just when you think you've reached the end of the fourth round, Autumn hits you with a bonus workout!!! I don't want to totally ruin the surprise for you, so I won't tell you any more but I will say this: I felt the burn the entire 30 minutes, so reaching that bonus move definitely did me in, but it's awesome because my thighs are a key focus area, so I have no doubt that this Lower Fix is going to be an awesome workout for me. And it makes me wonder how much more challenging her "Barre Legs" is going to be when I get to that workout.
Because of all the movement and intensity with this workout, I actually burned a lot more calories than I expected: 180 calories in the 30 minutes. Of course, everyone burns calories at a different rate depending on their weight/muscle/how hard they workout/etc, but that is just to give you an idea of the intensity of this workout. Thank you for my "Lower Fix", Autumn! I'm not quite sure how I will manage "Pilates Fix" tomorrow, but I will have to find a way!
![]() |
| Photo Credit |

I just want to say thank-you so much. I'm doing the 21 day fiz for the first time and I read your blog every day before I press play. It's both funny and informative ... that's kind you so much for your blog :)
ReplyDelete