Thursday, December 12, 2013

Staying Active During the Holidays

I would be lying if I said I've been following the routine I had set up for myself all year. After the trips we took in September and October (where I didn't exercise while away), I lost serious momentum even though I was still eating healthy. I started working out less and less, to the point where I just got complacent. I mentally keep telling myself I need to workout but I am finding it challenging to get myself moving. I keep telling myself that with the weather changing, the holidays upon us and my (toddler) daughter getting some serious first molars that I just don't have the "umph" to do it. Not to mention that Thanksgiving weekend with my family definitely resulted in gaining probably a couple of pounds right there. But it's time to get serious and be honest with myself: there's NO excuse. If I make excuses now, I will never get back on track and eventually I will be right back where I started.

So I started thinking again. I'm BORED! I always felt great after putting in a hard workout, but I've gotten bored with my routine. I was doing a hybrid workout between Brazil Butt Lift, TurboFire, and Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30", plus the occasional Jazzercise workout DVD. I keep eyeing up new DVDs and need to just make the plunge already. I also may jump back on the Bikini Body Mommy 90-Day Challenge when Briana starts it back up in January. I need to be held accountable. I'm also excited that a Stroller Strides group will be coming to a mall near me in January!! I've never participated in their workouts before but I've heard fantastic things about them and think it would also be a great way to meet other mom's in the area.

So between now and the end of the year, I'm just trying to keep myself on track with eating right and getting some sort of exercise in each day. I've been referring to my fitness pins on Pinterest for suggestions of things I can do while my daughter is around the house with me playing and watching TV. This one was a doozy on my arms!



How do you stay motivated and active during the holidays?

~ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment