Thursday, December 12, 2013

Friday Food Frenzy 18

As I've been trying to get back (and stay) on track during the craziness of the holidays, I've been revisiting my "healthy recipe" pins on Pinterest to try some new recipes. As always, I adore Gina at SkinnyTaste. Her recipes have never failed me. Two recent (and very successful) attempts that I wanted to share with you...

Eggplant Rollatini with Spinach. I've never been a big fan of eggplant but Gina promises that this recipe will change your mind about it... and it did! This might just be my new favorite "skinny" recipe! 227 calories in 2 rollatinis --- plus it's meatless if that's your thing. It's a much healthier variation of Eggplant Parmesan. This dish may actually make an appearance at Christmas dinner this year as a side.
Photo Credit


Spinach Lasagna Rolls. This recipe is very similar to the eggplant above and it's equally as yummy (though for some reason, I enjoyed this one more as leftovers the second night). This recipe is actually a little easier to prep since you just have to cook the pasta rather than slicing and cooking the eggplant, but of course you have the added carbs with the pasta. Still a great meatless option for you and your family.
Photo Credit

My goal is to make more appearances on the blog here than I have been the past few months, so stay tuned for what is coming in the future of the "Friday Food Frenzy!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh how yummy! I will try this. I love spinach! I just found you blog and I am looking forward for more yummy posts! I invite you to link your recipes, projects, etc to our linky party and blog hop every Thursday! We would love to see you there! http://www.thefamilyfunspot.com/2013/12/bloggers-unidas-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vivian (and sorry for the delay in response). I will have to check your page out too! :) I hope you had a wonderful New Years! ~Aly

      Delete