Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Busting Out of a Rut!

I was trucking right along all year, on my journey to living a healthier lifestyle moving forward. Once I got past a few bumps in the road this summer, including what I thought was going to be a bigger GI issue than Prilosec would solve (though it seems to be doing the trick so far), it finally happened... I strayed. I kept working out (almost daily) but I allowed myself to splurge a little bit here and a little bit there, figuring it would be OK since I was still exercising. I started every day tracking my calories but never really completed the day and stayed within my daily calorie allowance. Before I knew it, I felt my clothes starting to get a little snug, so I knew it was time to completely re-focus, and in the past week and a half, I've dropped some of those few pounds I gained back and am feeling so great about being back on track.

I decided to deviate from the standard TurboFire routine. I'm still incorporating the TurboFire workouts (after all, they are AWESOME!!!) but am also busting my behind a few days a week to Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30". I missed Jillian and felt that it was necessary to start doing more toning with weights. Even though I've been working out all year, Jillian still knows how to make me HURT!! It amazes me to think that switching the routine a bit can make me so sore, and I love it!

That being said, I know I have an upcoming trip where working out daily isn't going to happen. And splurges will (mainly in the beverage department --- can we say wine?!) I am sure I will get some walking into my daily routine and that will help. So between now and then, I'm busting my butt to keep up the hard work, and plan to double time it when I return to make up for excess calorie consumption in adult beverages. After all, I am all about "work hard, play hard".

How often do you change up your routine? Do you lift weights? How often?

Photo Source

2 comments:

  1. I normally change up at thr end of the program. As much I would love to do P90x back to back, the efficiency goes downhill when trying to repeat. Do you know how Ripped in 30 compares to Chalean Extreme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done Chalean Extreme so I'm not too sure. Have you?

      Delete