Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy 2013!

My first post ever! I'm new to this blogging thing. I have been wanting to blog for awhile but really didn't know where to begin. I, (like many people all over the world), made a resolution at the beginning of 2013 to get back into shape this year. I want to lead a healthy and active lifestyle so I can raise my daughter to see how important it is to eat right and stay active. I want to have a healthy relationship with food and want her too as she grows up too. So it's time to start!!

At the beginning of 2013, I had already lost 35 of the 40lbs of baby weight I gained which I was proud of in 4 months with minimal effort aside from watching what I eat (for the most part). However, I am ashamed to admit I had gained about 15lbs before getting pregnant. We had weddings, trips, I found less time to workout and was less careful about the foods I ate, plus I figured if I was going to get (baby) fat anyway, it didn't matter what I ate or drank... There truly is no excuse, especially since I had worked my behind off to get into the best shape I had ever been in as an adult for my wedding in May 2011. So I am determined to get back down to my wedding weight so I can fit in all my summer clothes I wore on my honeymoon by my anniversary... May 7... That's the day! In fact, there is a dress I wore to our rehearsal dinner and on our honeymoon that I intend to wear for our anniversary (even if we are sitting at our own dinner table at home with our baby girl). :) I would love to lose another 15lbs beyond that but we will see how things go. I want to be able to maintain my weight and stay active, regardless if what the scale reads. It's all about living healthy.

Hindsight, I wish I had started this blog at the beginning of the year. A quick recap of where I've been the past 6 weeks. I started working out initially 3 days a week doing my favorite Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" DVD. That woman is the reason I looked as good as I did on my wedding day (plus my makeup, hair, dress... well, you get the idea). Her workouts are the hardest thing ever! A few weeks ago, I joined a "Slim by the Summer" group on Facebook that my friend Lanaya had started with one of her blogger friends (which inspired me to start blogging NOW finally!) Shout out for her blog: Raising Reagan. We have all connected with each other not only on Facebook, but also on the app "My Fitness Pal". It tracks your caloric intake daily along with your workouts. This really has helped me to recognize what foods I am putting in my body and makes me think twice about foods I really shouldn't be eating without nutritional value. It kind of brings me back to when I did Weight Watchers since the goal is to eat only your 1200 calories (plus whatever calories you've burned).  We help keep each other motivated, plus I was able to connect to some friends that linked up through Facebook or my contacts in my phone. Such a wonderful support network to have. It's like having a bunch of workout buddies that you don't physically workout with all over the country that hold you accountable.

So in the midst if all if this motivation, I have been pinning all kinds of exercises on Pinterest, as well as healthy recipes. I came across a pin that lead me to the website for Bikini Body Mommy. I was floored by reading her story. A mother of 3. Lost 100lbs. Twice. She started a 90-day challenge on her Facebook page 2 months ago that I just started last week (ironically, it will bring me right up to May 7!) I love it! Once you get through the first two weeks, it seems to be primarily 3 days if circuit training alternating with 3 days of cardio and then one day off. It is awesome! I love it! I can't wait to see the results.

Clothes are definitely starting to fit differently already. The scale is starting to creep downward. I keep watching The Biggest Loser each week for some extra motivation and inspiration. Being home with my daughter definitely makes me feel a little more in control of the foods I am eating to stay within my calorie allowance (as long as I don't find the urge to snack). I've been trying to cook healthier dinners at home too for my husband and I. I raided my Weight Watchers cookbooks and made an awesome Parmesan-Turkey Meatloaf for dinner tonight with a butternut squash polenta. Yum! Made some sugar free jello and threw in peaches. Finding low calorie snacks is key for me (especially since I have a sweet tooth).

Week 2 of Bikini Body Mommy starts tomorrow. Here's to sore muscles! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's right ... here is to sore muscles! I am so excited that you are going to be a blogger!!!! :)

    Can't wait to experience this journey with you!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete